What We Do
Our services, which we affectionately nicknamed “Total Live at Home Care, or TLC,” are focused on one major goal—extending one’s ability to live independently and safely at home with dignity and purpose.
You will find by spending just a few minutes reading about our services that we are more than the average home care agency. When we meet you to understand your needs and goals, we think about more than home care. During our in-home assessment, we strive to understand your needs from a holistic view by considering the whole person, not just the services we can provide. We feel tremendous joy when clients find the services that fit their needs, whether we provide the care or not.
This is what separates Aware from the hundreds of agencies that provide home care. It’s about the whole person and it takes a village, a team of compassionate experts working together to meet the needs of the individual and family.
How does TLC Work?
Total Live Well at Home Care is more than just in-home care. Our unique program draws together highly qualified, compassionate professionals providing the diverse services & specialized products you need to live well and thrive at home.
Our first priority is to understand how we can help you and it starts with a conversation. We want to learn more about your needs and concerns.
We do a lot of listening to understand the current situation. The core question is how can we help you or how can we help your loved ones. After listening to your feedback, we will ask specific questions about all aspects of daily living to get the best picture we can over the phone. If we feel we can help, we will recommend an in-home assessment.
FREE In-Home Assessment for Home Care
A registered nurse conducts an in-depth assessment to determine what services are needed and to identify risks in the home. The client’s daily routines, medical history, health status, memory issues, safety concerns and emotional well-being are all considered during this process. We develop a customized Plan of Care from this information. Note: there is no cost or obligation for the in-home care assessment. Our goal is to make sure we are the right fit for your home care needs and we do this as a service to you.
Plan of Care
With the information from the assessment and input from the client and loved ones, a plan of care is developed. The plan outlines tasks and a schedule for services the client will receive. Our caregiver’s first visit will begin with a review of this plan with the client, family, agency supervisor.
Our TLC Program
TLC Aware Senior Care Services Overview (4340 KB)
The Aware Senior Care TLC program offers a network of services that are customized to your unique needs. We coordinate services you need: Personal and Companion Care, Nursing Services, Welcome Home, Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care, and CHAP services. We will also refer you to a member of our Circle of Support services for support our agency does not provide.
We can provide our TLC services in a variety of environments:
- Home (All TLC services)
- Independent Living Community (All TLC services)
- Assisted Living Facility (Companion/Personal Care)
- Rehabilitation Facility/Skilled Nursing Facility (Companion Care & Welcome Home)
- Hospital (Companion Care & Welcome Home)
Our personalized and affordable services are available 7 days a week and can range from a few hours per day to 24/7 care. Our highly qualiﬁed and trained caregivers are ready to help you and your loved ones with a variety of daily activities.
Companion Care (Does not include hands-on services):
- Light Housekeeping (dusting, vacuuming, cleaning kitchen, making bed, changing linens, laundry, light ironing)
- Preparing meals, cooking together
- Medication reminders
- Monitoring personal activities (bathing, grooming, & dressing)
- Companionship (conversation, reading, games & puzzles, arts & crafts)
- Organizing closets
- Transportation (medical appointments, family events, etc.)
- Pet care
Personal Care Services (Includes all Companion Care services listed)
- Toileting/Incontinence Care
- Transfers (getting in/out of bed/chair)
We provide skilled nursing services when clients and/or their loved ones are unable or unwilling to do so. These services begin with a physician’s order and can start at any time, including when Home Health service ends or when the order is beyond the scope of the Home Health agency.
Using Aware’s nursing services, clients can go home with the peace of mind that comes with knowing a skilled professional will perform these services.
We oﬀer the following nursing services:
- Medication organization & management
- Medication administration (including IVs & injections)
- Wound care management, including wound vacs
- Management of catheters, ostomies, & drains
- Extended nurse visits
- Visits of up to 24 hours, including personal care as well as medication administration & other skilled nursing services.
Discharge from the Hospital or Rehab – Welcome Home
Welcome Home Service (1404 KB)
Returning home from a hospital or rehab stay can be both exciting and unnerving. Our Welcome Home Service is designed to provide assistance during this transition. Our RN will come to your home on the day of discharge for a two-hour visit.
Once you are home, an Aware Registered Nurse will:
- Review discharge orders/restrictions
- Review your medications
- Organize medications into pillboxes upon request
- Perform a home safety review
- Coordinate care with Home Health Services (if Home Health has been ordered)
- Assign a personal care or companion aid (if services are requested)
Care at Home Assistance for Physician’s (CHAP)
Our CHAP program is designed for physicians who have concerns that their patients may not be safe in their homes. We commit to a rapid response to the physician’s request for an assessment by an RN. Assessments are no obligation and free of charge. Our team consists of experienced RNs and caregivers, and we will include referrals to leading Geriatric Care Managers or advocates when needed.
The Aware Senior Care CHAP Program features:
- Communication: With the client’s permission, we will provide the physician with a report on the patient’s environment, abilities to perform activities of daily living, and recommendations for assistance.
- Plan of Care: For patients choosing to start service, an individualized Plan of Care will be created with patient and family input. The Plan of Care can be shared with a physician.
- Reassessments: Every quarter, Plan of Care will be updated as needed and can be shared with a physician.
- Coordination of Care: We engage in ongoing communication with patient’s other services (when present) such as Home Health, Geriatric Care Manager, Hospice, Palliative Care, & more.
Circle of Support
Aware Senior Care is committed to helping seniors find the services they need, whether or not our agency provides them. We have built a strong referral network with vetted resources who are experts in their fields. Together, we work to offer a variety of support services. We know that it takes a village—we call our village our “Circle of Support.”
Service areas for which we can provide referrals:
- Paying for Home Care: Veteran’s Aid & Attendance, elder law & trust planning, financial planning.
- Enhancing the home for disabled or elder living: Home renovation/universal design, organizers, bill paying, estate sales.
- Making the home ready to leave or move: Realtor support & senior move managers.
- Many other service topics such as enrichment & education, home meal delivery & nutrition coaching, home health & hospice, family caregiver training, senior counseling.