Proud to Serve Veterans
As a business founded by veterans, caring for those who have proudly served our country is both important and personal. At Aware Senior Care, we know the sacrifices those in uniform have made, and we feel honored to have the opportunity to provide our award-winning home care services for local veterans.
With a team of compassionate and highly-trained caregivers, we develop a customized plan of care in order to meet each client’s health and wellness goals. Let us assist with:
- Personal care including bathing and dressing
- Medication reminders
- Meal preparation and clean-up
- Transferring and mobility
- Light housekeeping and laundry
- Access to community resources
- And much more
Aware Senior Care has been approved by the VA to be part of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs’ Veterans Choice Program, allowing us to provide home health care to veterans. These services are funded directly by the VA.
We are also members of the NCServes Central Carolina network, assisting veterans with professional in-home care services. NCServes Central Carolina is a coordinated network of public, private, and nonprofit organizations serving veterans and their families in Central Carolina, from Raleigh to Fayetteville and through the Triad. The network includes more than 70 providers, including Aware Senior Care, that can assist with housing and emergency services, recreation and fitness, financial capabilities, and more.
To qualify for Veterans’ Aid and Attendance or Housebound Benefits, the veteran must:
- Have received an honorable or general discharge
- Have doctor’s orders stating he or she needs the aid and assistance of others daily
- Meet financial requirements
- Have served 1 day during an active war and had no less than 90 days of service
- The surviving spouse of a veteran may also qualify, providing he or she was still married to the veteran at the time of the veteran’s death.
NOTE: A veteran cannot receive both Aid and Attendance and Housebound benefits at the same time, and must be receiving a monthly pension in order to qualify for either of these additional benefits.