Interviewing a Home Care Agency
Through our own experiences in reviewing home care agencies and after four years of working with families, we’ve assembled a solid set of questions you can use to evaluate home care agencies.
What we enjoy during conversations with families is when a family member or potential client says, “Let me tell you what is important to me.” This allows us to cut right to the chase and discuss how we can meet the requirements of our potential family.
We highly recommend that you discuss this directly with the home care agency in order to gauge both how they answer and, in the event that they don’t have an immediate answer, how rapidly the follow-up.
If you’d like to have these questions handy while talking to agencies, download our Questions to Ask Home Care Agency PDF here with space to take notes.
- How will you work with us to develop a consistent caregiving schedule with consistent caregivers?
- We really want reliable caregivers. What did you do to screen and train caregivers?
- When a new caregiver is assigned, do you introduce this new caregiver to us before he or she starts?
- Do you randomly drug test your caregivers?
- Do you guarantee the quality of your home care services?
- How much and by what process do you charge for your services? Can you provide for both short-term and long-term visits?
- Do you provide live-in services?
- Are you rated by an outside professional home care rating service such as Home Care Pulse, SeniorAdvisor or Care.com?
- What industry awards have you won?
- Can you provide us with at least four family references?
- Are assessments done only by registered nurses?
- Can you provide four medical (MD) references for your nurses?
- Do the owners of the agency have a long history in the geriatric care industry?
- Can I speak directly to the owners of the agency?
Our mission is to provide unsurpassed in-home care for seniors, to bring peace of mind to those who care for seniors, and to be an educational resource on home care, aging, and issues faced by seniors. Please contact us today if you need assistance with your care journey or give us a call at (919) 436-1871.