We Provide TLC – Total Live at Home Care
Jump to: Companionship and Personal Care | Dementia Care | 24-Hour Care | Nursing Care | Hospice / Palliative Care Support | Transitional Care | Veterans Care | Circle of Support Referrals | Service Area
Our services, which we affectionately nicknamed “Total Live at Home Care, or TLC,” are focused on one major goal — extending one’s ability to live independently and safely at home with dignity and purpose. Contact us online or call us at (919) 436-1871 to learn more about our services.
You will find by spending just a few minutes reading about our services that we provide more than the average home care agency. During our in-home assessment, we strive to understand your needs from a holistic view by considering the whole person, not just the home care services we can provide.
This is what separates Aware Senior Care from the hundreds of agencies that provide home care. It’s about the whole person and it takes a village — a team of compassionate experts working together to meet the needs of the individual and family.
Our TLC Program
The Aware Senior Care TLC program offers a variety of services that are customized to your unique needs. We will also refer you to a member of our Circle of Support if our agency does not provide all of the services your loved one needs.
We can provide our home care services in a variety of environments:
- Home (All TLC services)
- Independent Living Community (All TLC services)
- Assisted Living Community (Companion/Personal Care)
- Rehabilitation Facility/Skilled Nursing Facility (Companion Care & Welcome Home)
- Hospital (Companion Care & Welcome Home)
Home Care Services
Our personalized and affordable services are available 7 days a week and can range from a few hours per day to 24/7 care. Our highly qualified and trained caregivers are ready to help you and your loved ones with a variety of daily activities.
If your loved one needs assistance to help remain independent at home, our companionship and personal care services are the perfect solution. Let us help ensure safety and help preserve dignity with any combination of these services:
- Light housekeeping (dusting, vacuuming, cleaning kitchen, making beds, changing linens, laundry, light ironing)
- Preparing nutritious meals, cooking together
- Medication reminders
- Assistance with personal care (bathing, grooming, & dressing)
With specialized training in Alzheimer’s and dementia care, our compassionate caregivers are here to help your loved one remain safe at home, while providing family caregivers with much needed support:
- Respite care
- Memory care activities
- Assistance with challenging dementia behaviors such as aggression and wandering
Our 24-hour care provides clients with care around the clock, 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Working with a team of caregivers, your senior loved one can remain safe in the familiarity of home. 24-hour care Care includes:
- Supervision and limited assistance with personal care needs such as bathing, dressing, grooming and toileting
- Planning and preparing nutritious meals
- Light housekeeping and laundry, including regularly changing bed linens
- Transportation to medical appointments and social outings
Our skilled nursing services begin with a physician’s order and can start at any time, including when home health service ends or when the order is beyond the scope of the home health agency.
Using Aware Senior Care’s nursing services, clients can return home with the peace of mind that comes with knowing a skilled professional will help with:
- Medication organization, management and administration, including IVs and injections
- Wound care management, including wound vacs
- Management of catheters, ostomies, and drains
Working alongside hospice and palliative care agencies, Aware Senior Care helps provide extra assistance for families who have a loved one with a life-limiting illness or chronic health condition. Let us help with:
- Respite care for family caregivers
- Light housekeeping and laundry service
- Planning and preparing nutritious meals
- Transportation to medical appointments
Returning home from a hospital or rehab stay can be both exciting and unnerving. Our Welcome Home Service is designed to provide assistance during this transition. Our RN will come to your home on the day of discharge for a two-hour visit in order to:
- Review discharge orders/restrictions
- Review medications
- Organize medications into pillboxes upon request
- Coordinate care with home health services (if home health has been ordered)
- Assign a personal care or companion aide (if services are requested)
As part of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs’ Veterans Choice Program, Aware Senior Care is proud to provide home health care services funded through the VA.
Aware Senior Care is also honored to be part of the NCServes Central Carolina network as a provider of home care services for veterans.
Through our work with both of these organizations, we are committed to providing compassionate in-home care for veterans throughout the Triangle.
Aware Senior Care is committed to helping seniors find the services they need through our Circle of Support. We have built a strong referral network with vetted resources that are experts in their fields, such as:
- Paying for home care: Veterans’ Aid & Attendance, elder law and trust planning, financial planning.
- Enhancing the home for disabled or elder living: Home renovation/universal design, organizers, bill paying, estate sales.
- Making the home ready to leave or move: Realtor support and senior move managers.
Total Live Well at Home Care is more than just in-home care. Our unique program draws together highly qualified, compassionate professionals providing the diverse services and specialized products you need to live well and thrive at home.
Our first priority is to understand how we can help you, and it starts with a conversation. We want to learn more about your needs and concerns.
We do a lot of listening to understand the current situation. The core question is how can we help you or how can we help your loved ones. After listening to your feedback, we will ask specific questions about all aspects of daily living to get the best picture we can over the phone. If we feel we can help, we will recommend an in-home assessment.
A FREE In-Home Assessment for Home Care:
A registered nurse conducts an in-depth assessment to determine what services are needed and to identify risks in the home. We seek to understand the client’s:
- Daily routines
- Medical history
- Health status
- Memory issues
- Safety concerns
- Emotional well-being
- And so much more
With this information, we develop a customized Plan of Care, unique to your loved one. There is no cost or obligation for the in-home care assessment. Our goal is to make sure we are the right fit for your home care needs.
Plan of Care
With the information from the assessment and input from the client and loved ones, a plan of care is developed. The plan outlines tasks and a schedule for services the client will receive. Our caregiver’s first visit will begin with a review of this plan with the client, family, agency supervisor.