Setting the Standard for Exceptional Care
Our office and care teams are at the heart of our business. Without these knowledgeable, skilled and compassionate individuals, Aware Senior Care would not be able to meet the diverse needs of clients.
We treat each member of our team as an extension of our family and we work hard to build a culture of trust and appreciation. We know that they share our passion for delivering unsurpassed care in the home, and we do everything we can to help them thrive personally and professionally.
As our most valued resource, we invest in our office and care teams, fueling their passion for helping others, while providing regular training and professional development opportunities so that they can deliver the customized client-centered care we’re recognized for throughout the Triangle.
All of our caregivers bring a true love of serving others to each visit in your home. That’s the Aware Way.
Creating an Exceptional Caregiving Team
To ensure we hire only the most exceptional people, we have an extensive interview process to determine if potential employees have the experience and qualities necessary to become an Aware Senior Care caregiver. Every caregiver must:
- Share our passion for top-quality, client-centered home care.
- Be dependable, warm, and caring.
- Pass thorough personal and professional references checks.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have proof of vehicle insurance.
- Submit his/her DMV record.
- Undergo and pass a drug test.
- Pass extensive state and national background checks.
Here are just a few of the ways our caregivers ensure the highest quality of care.
- Our caregivers are prepared in every way possible to assist our clients. We provide them with managers who’ve done the same work they do and who continuously coach, train, encourage, provide back-up, solve problems, and project positivity. The result is that our clients receive care from people who feel whole in their roles and who are wholly prepared to care.
- Our caregivers approach every client with hope. Not only do our caregivers find caring for clients rewarding, but they find working with our team rewarding – because we are here to replenish their reserves regularly. They carry that hopeful and optimistic feeling forward to clients, seeking to bring joy to each person served.
- We take a holistic approach to supporting our clients. We understand that exceptional care begins with truly getting to know the person and actively listening to what he or she wants to achieve with our support. We believe in caring for the whole person and attending to all of facets of wellness. We also support those who love our clients and help them experience ease and relief that their loved one is in good hands.
- We are attentive to the changing needs of our clients. We know that that aging can be challenging and that care needs can change dramatically very fast. Our client-centered model of care allows us to monitor and adjust the plan of care as client or family needs change over time or because of special circumstances.
- Our proactivity leads to our caregivers’ proactivity. We take care of our staff and empower them to be fully aware of their clients’ needs and to proactively reach out to families and to our team with any observations or concerns that could lead to improving care. We believe in teamwork and high-touch communication. We’re not afraid to try new things and we frequently think out of the box.
- Our caregivers are part of the local communities we serve. They are our clients’ neighbors. They care deeply about making a difference in the lives of the folks who live alongside them in this wonderful neck of the woods that we all call home.
Ongoing Caregiver Training & Professional Development Opportunities
Along with the initial training to assure each caregiver can provide competent, compassionate care prior to being assigned to a client, Aware Senior Care offers two certification programs:
Certified Companion Aide (CCA®) –Started during the initial training when a caregiver joins the Aware Senior Care team, and completed within the first three months of employment, out CCA certification is an exclusive designation indicating caregivers’ knowledge and status in the industry, and reflecting the highest standards of caregiver professionalism.
Certified Hospice Companion Aide (CHCA) – This training program is designed to further enhance caregivers’ knowledge base and ensures that proper care and compassion are given to our clients receiving hospice services.
Families can take comfort in knowing that all of our care staff are also bonded and insured.
Customized Care and Services to Meet Every Need
We know that nothing can replace the familiarity of home, and to help seniors remain safe and independent, our exceptional home care assistance services are available on an hourly or overnight basis, as well as 24-hour and live-in schedules.
To learn more about our client-centered care, please visit our Services page.
With ongoing training and professional development opportunities, along with a commitment to providing clients with the same level of care we would for our own family members, you can feel confident in partnering with Aware Senior Care for unsurpassed care throughout the Triangle.